Facebook has become the new Google – especially when it comes to asking for opinions and recommendations.
Over the past several days I’ve had friends online ask for some book recommendations.
Here is a compilation of some of the comments they received. Please note – I have not personally read all of these yet BUT they are being added to my reading list.
Click on the titles below to check them out on Amazon. If you purchase through the Amazon link, you will support the mission of Project Stella Resources to transform schools and communities with students who Radiate Outrageous Compassion & Kindness.
Book recommendations by Stella (age 10)
- Twintution series (Tia & Tamera Mowry)
- Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library(Chris Grabenstein)
- Minecraft Redstone Junior High (Cara J. Stevens)
- Grimmtastic Girls series (Joan Holub)
- Whatever After series (Sarah Mlynowski)
- The School for Good and Evil series (Soman Chainani)
Book recommendations for 12 year old girl
Likes makeup, fashion, and all things girly. Hates to read.
- The Babysitter’s Club series – graphic novels (Ann M. Martin & Raina Telgemeier)
- Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy (Ally Carter)
- Chicken Soup for the Soul (Jack Canfield)
- The Warden’s Daughter (Jerry Spinelli)
- Popular: How a Geek in Pearls discovered the Secret to Confidence (Maya Van Wegenen)
- Gossip from the Girl’s Room (Rose Cooper)
Going on a road trip? You can listen to your favorite books with Audible.
Just for visiting the Project Stella Resources blog, you can get a free trial to Audible and get 2 free books that you can keep!
Favorite Adult Fiction Books – Not too sad or too scary
- The Mistborn Trilogy (Brandon Sanderson)
- Ready Player One (Ernest Cline)
- The Martian (Andy Weir)
- Name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss)
- Tiger’s Curse(Colleen Houck)
- If I Run series(Terri Blackstock)
- Bridge to Haven(Francine Rivers)
- The Cycle of Arawan (Edward W. Robertson)
- The Circle Trilogy (Nora Roberts)
- The Baxter series (Karen Kingsbury)
- The Night Circus (Erin Morgenstern)
- The Red Rising series (Pierce Brown)
Books for Healthy Relationship with Food
- The Goddess Revolution (Mel Wells)
- The Champagne Diet (Cara Alwill Lebya)
- Made to Crave (Lysa TerKeurst)
- Body Kindness (Rebecca Scricthfield)
- Food Freedom Forever – Whole 30 (Melissa Hartwig)
- The Binge Code (Alison Kerr)
What summer book reading recommendations would you give to others on Facebook? Comment below and we will share them in an upcoming post.