Hello! Welcome to our Project Stella Blog!
Teachers, listen. Hear me out.
I know you and I know how much time and energy you put towards taking care of your classroom and offering the best to your students.
You worry about seating arrangements. You make sure no one goes hungry. You take care of hurt feelings, boo-boos, and stomach aches caused by anxiety.
But teachers – please listen.
In order to give your best to your students, you have to take time to give your best to yourself.
I talk all the time about our Let’s R.O.C.K. message – to Radiate Outrageous Compassion & Kindness. But in order to RADIATE – there has to be a center point. And that center point comes from within you.
To transform your classroom, school, and community with students who Radiate Outrageous Compassion & Kindness – I urge you to show yourself some of that compassion & kindness.
Here are 21 ideas for you to do that today.
And, as a gift to you, I have a
Self-Care for Teachers Journal that you can download so you can see the benefits of caring for yourself.
New here? I also have the following blog posts to help you R.O.C.K. – Radiate Outrageous Compassion & Kindness
Self-Care Tips for Teachers – Five Minute Ideas
These self-care ideas you can do each day – for just five minutes!
- Spend 5 minutes in the car with a favorite song before walking into the school
- Hand Scrub/Mask followed by lotion
- Grab an ice cream cone or an iced coffee
- Take pictures of things you think are cool
- Clean out a bag or purse
“Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.”
Self-Care Tips for Teachers – Quick & Easy
When you are on the run or out & about – these self-care tips can be quick & easy.
- Put on some lip gloss, look in the mirror and smile
- Put the phone on silent
- Color or Doodle
- Hula Hoop, Jump Rope, or a child-like physical activity (hopscotch is my favorite)
“Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.”
Self-Care Tips for Teachers – Time for Yourself
Finding some time for yourself can be hard – especially if you have a family to care for. But it is essential. So find a couple of minutes to do any of the following.
- Have an outing just for you. Massage, Manicure, Pedicure
- Bubble bath
- Listen to a podcast or an audiobook on your way to work.
- Sit on a park bench with sunglasses and earbuds.
- Go to a nice restaurant with a good book.
- Hang out by a pool or at a beach in a chair. Don’t worry about the bathing suit. Just enjoy the water.
- Walk through a bookstore, pick out a book, and sit in a quiet corner to read.
“Self-compassion is simply giving the same kindness to ourselves that we would give to others.”
A great way to take time for yourself is to listen to an audio book. There are some great ones out there for personal development.
Just for visiting the Project Stella Resources blog, you can get a free trial to Audible and get 2 free books that you can keep!
Self-Care Tips for Teachers – Celebrate with Gratitude
Expressing gratitude will automatically help you feel more positive and better about your day.
- Sit at your desk and right now 10 things you are thankful for.
- Bake a sweet treat and share.
- Do a craft project and give it as a thank you gift.
- Pray, Meditate, Reflect on your day
- Pull out old thank you cards and yearbooks and read the messages.
“People who love themselves come across as very loving, generous and kind; they express their self-confidence through humility, forgiveness and inclusiveness.”
Self-Care Tips for Teachers – BONUS IDEA
This is my FAVORITE tip that I have used. You give so much to others – unwrapping gifts for yourself is a lot of fun and brings that happiness to you.
Go to the Dollar Store and pick out 21 items. Wrap up each item and open one a day.
Help your teachers feel appreciated and rediscover their passion for teaching! Transform your classrooms and your school with students who Radiate Outrageous Compassion & Kindness through the Schools that R.O.C.K. program.